Thursday, August 7, 2008

Garage Sale

Cadence has been working very hard on our garage sale. I realize she doesn't look so industrious in this photo, but all the really hard work--sorting through shelves, closets and drawers, pricing, hauling stuff outside, setting up the sale, making and posting signs-- was done yesterday.

Now she is just waiting for the customers to flock in. And waiting. It hasn't been a very prosperous day--even though it is a gorgeous day for garage-saling. Thursday must be a tough day unless you have done newspaper advertising to alert the serious garage salers. We, being last-minute types, didn't do that. As you can see, she did do a lovely job setting up the sale.

We also don't really have that much especially desirable stuff left to sell, thanks to my past year of serious purging in anticipation of a possible move. I had concluded that garage sales are not worth all the effort- and now I just donate to my favorite thrift stores. But I was happy to let Cadence try to make a few bucks.

Once all our stuff was spread out on tables in the garage it looked a bit shabby and disjointed--which will make it all the easier to just donate it all to the Salvation Army. And just now Cadence came in and announced the sale is over (30 minutes early!)--and asked, can we start loading the leftovers into the car? Yes! So, I am outta here.

No comments: