Friday, February 13, 2009

Something to Crow About

This morning when I went outside to feed the chickens I heard a strange sound--a raspy, wailing "Roo-oo-oo." I didn't have a clue as to what it could be. Neither did the dogs; they raced around barking, try to figure out what it was. Then I realized the sound was actually coming from the chicken coop --one of the roosters must be learning to crow!

When I went into the coop, I discovered it was the smaller, buff-colored rooster making all the racket. He was strutting around, quite proud of himself, even though he doesn't really sound recognizably like a rooster yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's almost cute. ;-) His voice is changing. Hee! Lucky you to have such a faithful alarm clock. And what's a farm without a rooster?

buedamau said...

spring's arriving, and birds want to take the most advantage from it!
my young canary is not stopping any more singing, since the early spring weather arrived: he's really crazy about hearing other ones singing trough the city air ;P

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Great so you have got you chickens now, how very interesting!

Tyra