Monday, February 8, 2010

Clever Egg Crate

On Friday night we had a fabulous dinner made by our friends, Jim and Carla, who found their sweet little dream farm and moved here last fall from the Twin Cities. They don't have any chickens (yet!) so I wanted to take them some eggs from our hens. However, the hens are now producing faster than we can scrounge up egg cartons and I had given away our last carton-full.

I was trying to figure out how to transport them when I remembered this little antique egg crate given to me by another Savation Army thrift store regular (we Sal's regulars watch out for things we know each other will treasure!) There are no clasps or latches and it took me some time to unlock the ingenious secret for opening the crate. I think the eggs look especially lovely in it.

Oh, if anyone in my neck of the woods has spare egg cartons, I will happily put them to good use! You might even get some farm-fresh eggs out of the deal.

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a special gift!

katiegirl said...

That crate is wonderful! I wish I could stumble on something that great...

Bearly There said...

I just saw this in the Think Swap and Shop -- Give away egg cartons 507-288-2347. I hope they're not taken.