Monday, December 20, 2010

Heartfelt and Hand-Felted

One of the blogs I read pretty much daily is Katiegirl, by a young mom raising chickens, turkeys, goats and sheep. Last year when I mailed Katie some fertilized eggs to try to hatch in her new incubator, she sent me a darling felted chicken ornament she made from her sheep's wool.

A couple weeks ago Katie had a photo  on her blog of a sweet little hand-felted artwork depicting a barn in winter that she had just completed. The barn is the same shape as our barn and I loved the soft, fuzzy texture of the wool snow. I clicked over to Katie's Etsy shop and ordered it right then and there.

It arrived in the mail last Thursday.  I found a small shadow box frame, painted it and lined it with deep red handmade paper.  It is festive for Christmas, but definitely won't be getting a packed away afterward. Thanks, Katie! I treasure it.

2 comments:

katiegirl said...

I'm so glad you like it! It's nice to know your work is really appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a beautiful piece!