Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Burst of Sunshine!

I was just noodling around on my computer, reading email, drinking my coffee and eating my toast when suddenly, the  clouds parted and the sunshine burst through, lighting up the room!  It's been so long...I had to shoot a few photos through the windows quick before it disappeared. A view through the frosty dining room window...
and through the  kitchen window.

While most of the country is in the grip of a nasty blizzard, we got off pretty easy this time. I snow-blew through about 4 inches of fresh snow,  but by last evening the wind had blown much of it back across the driveway in scalloped drifts. Rog got up at 5:30 this morning to clear the driveway so he could get to his 7 a.m. meeting, but happily, during the night the wind had blown the entire driveway clear. The temperature was hovering at zero this morning, but not so windy, so morning chores were pleasant.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That beautiful sun burst through here too this morning. It is cold though. Keep warm and be safe.

katiegirl said...

Glad you got to enjoy a litle sunshine! What a beautiful view from your kitchen window!