Friday, November 4, 2011

Sweet!

Last night I bottled up some of our   honey to take to the first Winter Farmers Market tomorrow.   We'll have these little squeeze bears and small jars with natural comb honey suspended inside.  I ended up just pouring it into the bottles with a pitcher rather than using a funnel, which took forever. I hope the labels finally arrive today.

This fruity, delectable honey is the best I have ever tasted, if I do say so myself!  And it is so wonderful to know that while the bees were pollinating our raspberries, squashes, herbs and prairie wildflowers, the nectar from our  garden was making the honey!

Right now I am making chocolate truffles, walnut beer bread and a few other goodies for market. Tonight Rog will bake two varieties of our sourdough bread (white and multi-grain) and I will harvest and bunch our first 'crops of spinach, chard, broccoli raab and kale  from the high tunnel to sell.  I will try to post additional photos later....


4 comments:

Cheri said...

Might not be able to make it to the market ...can I stop over to buy some honey?
cheri.dietzman@gmail.com

Becky said...

I wish I lived close enough to come to the market! Sounds like you have some wonderful things to sell!

LindaSue said...

Started yesterday and now I am up to Jan of this year. What am I doing?, why reading your blog from start to finish, or should I say from the beginning till today.

Would you sell me a wooden spoon and spreader. The wood is so beautiful. Let me know if you would. That would be a great thing to add to your farmer's market table.

I am really enjoying the blog and learning so much. We should be able to get out onto our 1+ acre early this spring. So my first garden will be this spring and raising some chicken's too.

Let me know about the spoons. I have a blog too creationsbylsm
I quilt and sew and maybe we could do a barter or exchange. A lap quilt, table mats, hot pads, mug rugs, and some other stuff. Later. Got to get back to Jan.

Steven Page said...

Yes, nothing better than fresh honey, especially when it comes from the bees that took the nectar from the flowers on land where you live.