Monday, May 16, 2016

May Days

This is so my favorite time of year!!!
Frogs lazing in the aquaponics beds-- we hope to get the  new catfish for the aquaponics pond next week.
Chickens scratching in the compost piles
and under theWillys.  That truck is beginning to look rather rooted to the landscape.
We had a frost warning Saturday night so  Mae and I covered all the  tomatoes, eggplants, peppers and squashes with flower pots and cups. The garden reminded me of an ice fishing village on Lake Bemidji.  We did get some frost, but nearly all of our plant babies made it through.
The last few daffodils of spring blooming next to the greenhouse.
Cherries are developing on the  Montmorency tree. LOTS of cherries!  I may have to wrap this little tree against birds this year.
Impulse grape vine purchase --Now I have to figure out where to plant them.
The Egyptian Walking onions grow HERE.
The view from the greenhouse hammock.
LaFonda is so happy to be living in the big pasture again. I think it is her favorite time of year, too. It is so  crazy fun to see a grown, old lady  cow romping and leaping and kicking up her heels.
I have been tempted by the siren song of the greenhouse hammock, but I have resisted so far. Too much to do!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank you for the update. It's fun to see what's going on at the farm!