Friday, June 10, 2016

How Hot Is It?

It is so hot and humid today that LaFonda is spending the entire afternoon cooling her hooves in the  kiddie pool.
It is so hot today that even the  chickens are contemplating a swim.
It is so hot today that the tropical hibiscus tree looks native.I
It is so hot today that when I came back from getting a quick bite of lunch the  big bowl of bread dough I had set out to rise in the barn kitchen had overflowed as if in an I Love Lucy episode,
It is so hot today that building a 500*F fire doesn't really seem to make the kitchen any hotter.
 Nothing more inviting than wood-fire smoke pouring out of the barn a on a sultry day.
It is so hot that my health-nut WWOOFers are enjoying decadent ice cream sandwiches.

Come get some of our wood-fired breads and delectable pastries at the Farmers Market tomorrow! We bake yummy stuff so you don't have to!

No comments: