Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Little Shopping Trip

Yesterday afternoon Cadence  and I went on a road trip to check out a  couple of Craigslist ads : one for a small commercial convection oven and one for a family milk cow.  We didn't fall in love with the oven, but we did fall in love with the sweet cow.  She is a small Jersey-Shorthorn cross and extremely  friendly.  She'll stand still to be milked in the field without even being tied up. She is giving about 4 gallons a day, more than enough for us!
She  knows her name - Lafonda - and  comes when called.  Her owners have a livestock trailer and will deliver her to us on Sunday --I'll let you know how our our first milking adventure goes.

4 comments:

Ribbit said...

What a doll! Good luck with her!

Becky said...

Wow!!! She's adorable!!! And 4 gallons a day! Whew! How exciting. I can't wait to hear more about her.

katiegirl said...

Lafonda!! How cute! She's adorable...she has the Jersey head and the shorthorn spots. Good luck with milking! And we can't even keep up with our milk from the goat...I can't imagine 4 gallons a day!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! And sounds as though she has a lovely disposition, too. You may need a couple of teenage boys to drink all that milk! ;-D I remember watching my grandfather milk the cows and I made butter with my grandmother. I have her butter churn and cherish the memories it brings to mind! ~~Rhonda