We have lots of plans, dreams, and ideas- probably more than we can actually achieve, but we shall see what rises to the top:
1. Create a fish pond in the old silo foundation and raise fish for food. It will be an aquaponics system, where the fertilized water will nourish the plants growing in the high tunnel greenhouse, and the plants would filter the water for the fish.
2. Offer a mini-CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) subscription. Our CSA will offer flexible farm fare, including veggies, berries, eggs, chicken, honey, herbs, plant starts and an added benefit may be a discount on Profound Objects in the Farm Store.
3 Finish my new garden shed! And also renovate the flower cart.
4. The CSA and the garden shed will require an expansion of the vegetable garden. Plus we have additional growing area in the high tunnel to plan.
6. Interns --to host or not to host? --we haven't decided about this one yet. We would have to find exactly the right people.
7. Put new roofs on several farm buildings, most urgently the house.
8. Get a real cheese press before milk season begins when the calves are born (the first week of July.)
9. Consider acquiring a couple goats for weed control.
10. Finish the farm website.
11. Keep an eye out on Craigslist for a good deal on a used hot tub to soothe hard-working, middle-aged muscles.
12. Paint a farm sign and join the Convention & Visitors Bureau to promote our store.
I also have a few personal resolutions:
1. Complete one painting per week.
2. Learn to play 3 songs on the mandolin (an ambitious goal, since I cannot play the mandolin yet.)
3. Build a large concrete sculpture (I will allow that to substitute for several paintings)
4. Get back into the yoga routine.
5. Lose 15 lb. I should resolve 20, like I do every year, but I would be delighted to even lose 15.
6. Breathe deep/Remember to relax and savor the moment/Kiss my sweetheart more often
It's going to be a full, fulfilling year!