Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let It Snow

Outside it has been a cold, stormy white-out, but inside tonight it is warm and colorful.

This morning after we drank our coffee and watched the birds at the feeders we decorated the Christmas tree (wish the daughters were here for that!)

Our tree displays an eclectic hodge-podge of all the ornaments we have accumulated  throughout our marriage, including handmade, souvenirs, wacky, sometimes tacky, traditional, intercultural, vintage, and found objects.  We can't help but reminisce as we hang them and recall when and were we acquired each ornament.  More than a few are actually kind of ugly but have nostalgic value. I can't bring myself to discard them, so I try to hang them in the back of the tree or deep on inner branches.

All in all, today was the ideal snowbound day: I worked on my painting a bit. Rog recorded a new song.  I ventured outside and took a few photos and posted on the blog. Rog made two loaves of incredible banana bread.  While I did evening chores, Rog roasted a chicken for dinner.  Then, we snuggled under a blanket and watched a movie while the wind blasted around our house.
Every winter should provide a few days like this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a the perfect way for a Christmas tree to be ;) Ours is the same!