Monday, January 10, 2011

Cats Sawing Logs and Catalogs

A good afternoon for a little catnap.  Weasel and Orange are so darn sweet, when they are asleep.
Seed catalogs started arriving at the beginning of December, so we spent many hours leafing through them over the holidays. But today, my favorite Wishbook arrived - the Murray McMurray chick catalog.  We already have more laying hens than we really need, so I don't want to order the minimum of 25 chicks, but I hope I can find somebody nearby who has room to let me order just a couple chicks on their order. I think our little flock could use a couple Blue Cochins...or black Jersey Giants...or maybe a fancy crested Polish...

3 comments:

Michaele said...

Oh I just love Murray McMurray. So much fun choosing chicks and even more fun when they arrive safe and healthy. I am new to your blog and I do enjoy it!

katiegirl said...

I love Blue Cochins too!

Sandra Sarlinga said...

I love Blue Cochins too! About seeds catalogs, I read a good recomendation about a stuuning red lettuce from Renee's Gardens seeds, she hasn't a printed catalog but a website www.reneesgarden.com
I think I will try her seeds this year.Im so ready for my garden!!!!!