Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kiva!

Just over a year ago, I discovered Kiva, a great organization where you can make $25 micro-loans to entrepreneurs all over the world. Since then I have made 22 loans, all to women farmers, from Guatemala to Ethiopia to Cambodia to Armenia.   As soon as each $25 loan is repaid, I can withdraw it, but I always recycle it to another woman supporting her family by raising chickens, or cows or growing apples, or some other agricultural endeavor.  I love the feeling of being connected to other women farmers around the globe.

Today you can make a loan through Kiva at no cost! (If you act fast--a limited number of loans are available.)  Check it out: http://kiva.org/invitedby/susan4008

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I just found your blog, and I have to tell you that your writing about Kiva, whose link has been in my favorites list for a year, has pushed me over the edge to start donating. Thank you so much for encouraging people!