Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wearin' o' the Green

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I headed outside with my camera this morning to look for green. First stop was my future vegetable garden, as viewed from the little hill across the driveway. If I squint my eyes tightly, I think I see a hint of green. It is definitely greener than last week, when it was under a layer of snow.

The crocuses are beginning to emerge but haven't greened up yet. There is evidence of rabbits everywhere, but so far the crocuses have escaped being nibbled.

Finally, here's some green! -Moss on the old woodpile I am using up to boil down maple syrup.

Then, I pulled back the leaves covering some hardy pansies I bought last November on super-clearance for just 10 cents a plant and discovered the first real green of spring.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Marie said...

If the weather holds --- you'll have blooms on the crocus's and pansy's by the weekend! What a treat.
m