Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Birds, Little Pond

The geese have so much fun in the kiddie pool on hot days I sometimes wish I could join them. (On second thought, maybe not...the water gets rather disgusting very quickly.)
The pool is only 5 feet in diameter, but the geese swim around at breakneck speed. It's a veritable whirlpool.
The goose not in the water noisily cheers on the racers.
Apparently it only requires nine inches of water depth for a huge goose to swim upside down.
If you are taking photos of the goose swim meet, you are going to get wet.

It is important to remember to scrub behind your ears while bathing.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Thank you so much for these pictures. We used a very similar kiddie pool for the geese when I was a kid. I can hear the sound of them zipping around the pool as I type this; splashing, honking, wings smacking the plastic edges of the pool. Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

They look like they're having so much fun! Great photos.