Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mid-August Market

Last Saturday was our biggest farmers market day so far. It may have been every vendor's biggest--the day was sunny,the produce was spectacular and the market was hopping. We sold our signature wood-fired sourdough bread, Cadence's specialty breads, Sara's gorgeous tarts, and our chickens.
We also sold fresh garden herbs, squashblossoms and summer squashes, but zucchinis were ubiquitous at the market and we couldn't even give them away.
I made no-guilt garden veggie cupcakes: Zucchini Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Velvet Beet, and Carrot Walnut. A sneaky, delicious way to eat your veggies.
The chocolate beet cake was so awesome that yesterday Cadence made a whole cake of that recipe, garnished with flowers, to celebrate her friend Javier's birthday --too bad Javier is in Colombia and didn't get to taste it!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love your farmer's market posts. I'm glad you guys had such a good day at the market. Those cupcakes/cake look fantastic! I think I could get my daughter to eat veggies that way!