Sunday, August 9, 2009

Green Thumb

My exhibit of farm -life-inspired paintings is now up through August at the Jon Hassler Gallery in Plainview. This show is kind of an eclectic batch of paintings with diverse experimental styles--maybe that parallels our novice farming approach. I titled the show "Green Thumb" because the phrase plays with three key aspects of my life lately--gardening, painting, and trying to live in a more green manner. Here are a few images from the show:
The paintings star many of our farm critters, such as Pink the pig...
Chuck Dickens, the chicken who thinks he is a duck. and his two black runner duck associates...
a chicken brandishing a feather...
a woman who resembles her Toulouse goose....
our three geese singing together (they came over and posed for me as I was painting.)
A wacky take on Botticelli's Birth of Venus--my "Birth of a Farmer." Cadence suggested the farmer tan. This is a rather large piece and I couldn't get a glare-free shot under the gallery lights.

4 comments:

gz said...

farmer tan....perfect!

Becky said...

I love your paintings. What a wonderful way to capture your adventures on the farm. Chick Dickens is my favorite :)

katiegirl said...

Those are great paintings! I love the one of the pig, and the geese! I love the way the chick seems to be dancing along behind the ducks.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I like them all! The idea of a gardener's tan is great! Many of these painting caused me to smile. Good!