Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Woman, a Machine, a Plan and 50 Yards of Fabric...Amnicon!

Ready to dive into my most ambitious upholstery project yet!  I am sewing 45 cushions for 3 sofas and 16 chairs for the lodge at Camp Amnicon on Lake Superior. Many of the  cushions will be pieced, using 35 different fabric in a color scheme of predominantly plums, greens, deep teal, and bits of other colors for sparkle.  I have all the measurements,  fabric, zippers, thread, and cording, plans drawn out and I am ready to begin cutting.
Experimenting with fabric combinations...
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Marie said...

that looks like fun! enjoy ...

Bethany Ringdal said...

GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to see them in person. And for anyone that's interested, you can learn more about the beneficiary of this BEAUTIFUL artwork at www.amnicon.org.

Liz Hill, irreverent Art said...

congratulations on living your dream...