Rog and i have spent many hours teh past fee days discussing our farm plans, budget, home improvements ideas, dreams, ambitions and resolutions. We have a lengthy list, several pages in a college-ruled spiral notebook, but I will winnow them down to a few key plans.
2013 Farm Goals:
* Host a series of classes on the farm, related to permaculture, sustainable living, homesteading skills, and artisan crafts.
* Get the Aquaponics system running. Also the vermiculture bins.
* Double the size of the veggie gardens and double the CSA membership.
* Clean out the middle section of the barn and install a floor
* New roofs on the granary (store) and chicken coop.
* Complete the perennial garden (At long last!!)
* Build an herb spiral
* Paint the house
* Fencing improvements
* Plant more fruit and nut trees
* Set up a workshop and an art studio
My personal 2013 resolutions/goals:
* Make art galore. As of today, I have already dived into this one by committing to the 30 -Paintings-in-30-days challenge. I also started a new blog devoted to my artmaking.
* Get back into a yoga routine. Get more aerobic exercise (I get plenty of weight-bearing exercise as a farmer but need more stretching and elevated heart rate.)
* Obedience training with Zinnia
* Get better organized and get rid of stuff we no longer need. Simplify. Seriously.
* Reserve more time to just relax with family and friends.
(I will let Rog share his own resolutions, if he wants to.)
Additionally, Cadence wants to take over the veggie garden and CSA this summer. That will free up a lot of time for me to work on farm projects & events, and make art. 2013 promises to be a very productive, creative and fun year!